Priscilla founded Pumpkin Brook Organic Gardening in 2001 after a career in institutional advancement for nonprofit arts organizations, special events management, and retail sales. In 1984, she earned a Master in Business Administration from Babson College. She then combined all her work and life experiences to operate this fine gardening company with an organic emphasis.
Simultaneously with the founding of Pumpkin Brook, Priscilla volunteered as a founding member of the NOFA Organic Land Care committee and co-authored Standards for Organic Land Care: Practice for Design and Maintenance of Ecological Landscapes.
Priscilla has been gardening since childhood and developed a keen interest in the flowers of yesteryear. In hew new career as a writer, she is researching and documenting the history of the Lowthorpe School of Landscape Architecture for Women (1901-1945) in Groton.
- Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University
- ELA – Ecological Landscaping Association
- ISA – International Society of Arboriculture
- MHS – Massachusetts Horticultural Society
- Native Plant Trust
- Northeast Organic Farming Association of Massachusetts – Board Member
- North American Rock Garden Society
- North American Heather Society
- Perennial Plant Association
- SSE – Seed Savers Exchange
- Historic New England
- Worcester County Horticultural Society
- Garden Communicators International
Certifications & Accreditations
- Occidental Arts and Ecology Center – Permaculture Design Certificate
- Native Plant Trust – Certificate in Conservation Horticulture
- Arnold Arboretum – Letter of Participation in Historic Landscape Preservation
- NOFA Accredited Organic Land Care Professional
- ISA Certified Arborist NE-6491A