Plant Health Care Technician works closely with Plant Health Care Manager on daily routine, routes, special assignments for spot spraying, soil tests and soil amending. Applicant has the skills and experience to work quickly and neatly, paying attention to details. Scouts for problems in client landscapes and assists Manager with development of treatment plans. Has comfort level with operation and maintenance of equipment including power sprayers, backpack sprayers and compost tea brewer. Applicant expresses familiarity with woody plants in zones 5 6 and commonly occurring pests and diseases and maintains accurate records by keeping daily tasks and notes in LMN electronic timesheets.
Job Qualifications Certifications and continuing Education
- Holds and maintains valid MA Pesticide License and clean commercial Driver’s License
- Becomes NOFA Organic Land Care Accredited and upholds all yearly credits
- Participates in all workshops and continued education as needed
Employment at Pumpkin Brook Organic Gardening, Inc.
Pumpkin Brook is an established company offering skilled garden maintenance, plant health care, construction and design services offering:
- Competitive hourly rates
- Optional Saturday and overtime work
- Long season of employment, Apri-November
- Advancement possibilities
- Quality reputation with solid client base
- Educational opportunities in field of organic land care
- State of the art organic practices
- Friendly, committed community of co-workers
- 401(K) plan participation after one year, if qualified
- Paid holidays after one year of service
- 8 hour crew workday, Monday through Friday. Reliable transportation required.