The Plant Health Care Technician works closely with the Plant Health Care Manager on daily routines including brewing of compost tea, creating routes, special assignments for spot spraying, troubleshooting and building recommendations for enhancing soil biology of ornamental plants at client sites. Also apply tick and mosquito repellent, deer deterrent, and anti-desiccant. Ability to scout properties, bringing familiarity with woody plants hardy to zones 5-6. Knowledge of spray equipment and its repair needs, valid Massachusetts pesticide license, driver’s license and clean driving record required.
Employment at Pumpkin Brook Organic Gardening, Inc.
Pumpkin Brook is an established company offering skilled garden maintenance, plant health care, construction and design services.
Employment Benefits include:
- Competitive Hourly Rates
- State-of-the-art organic practices
- Friendly, committed community of co-workers
- Optional Saturday and overtime work
- Long season of employment, April thru November
- Educational opportunities in field of organic land care
- 401(K) plan participation after one year
- Advancement possibilities
- Quality reputation with solid client base
8 hour crew workday, Monday through Friday. Reliable transportation required.